Ifind elegant solutions to head-scratching problems.I relish a creative challenge, am known for assembling lean, smart teams and go the extra mile for excellence. I excel at conceiving, developing and delivering award-winning, content-rich, inquiry-based projects via the Web.
Tools & Competencies
Multi-user STEM Interactives (Lead Developer)
Museum of Science, Boston
Digital Media Strategist & Senior Web Developer
scPharmaceuticals, Lexington, MA
Lead Website & Online Program Developer
Smithsonian’s National Zoo
Distance Learning (Web & Interactive TV)
MA Corporation for Educational Telecommunications
Content/ Interactive Frameworks, Cyber-schoolhouse
Simon & Schuster and
Silver Burdett School Division (Science & Social Studies)
Sr. Staff Spanish Editor
DC Heath & Company (Reading & Biliteracy)
DC Heath (Grade 4 and ESL),
Houghton Mifflin (Bilingual Reading, Core Consultant)
- Conceived of, developed content, design and programming for award-winning, universally-designed computer interactives.
- Human or Machine? (Robotics & Bioengineering)
- Moving Down the Skyway (Sustainable Society)
- Groundbreaking $3,000,000 Star Wars exhibit
- Responsible for project development, management, budget, production schedule.
• Translate business goals into campaigns with high open, clickthrough and engagement rates
• Current in digital marketing trends and changes in algorithms for informing content promotion strategies.
• Innovate and identify trends from data and put into actionable insights
• Coordinate with marketing to define, create and assess digital strategy including effective branding to target market(s), needs of various stakeholders, building consumer confidence, providing data on consumer social and mobile behavior, and how to create a compelling, compliant social presence
• Create select graphic and animated elements for campaigns and videos.
• Set up and manage social media channels, maintaining a consistent voice across platforms.
• Responsive UI, mobile-friendly
• Create, manage design and digital assets
• Proposed webinar, vlogging and podcast strategy for product theaters
• Created comprehensive, deep SEO strategy document
- Multiple-award-winning online habitat conservation program
- Concept/content/development of 7 content-rich, interactive games
- Research and writing of 100+-page conservation biology curriculum
- Family learning activities
- CD-ROM production
- Conceived of/developed award-winning websites, curricula, program concepts, interactive content for 83+ live programs.
- Instrumental in receiving a $9.5M programming grant.
- Integrated videoconferencing, digital video for output to Web.
- Created and fomented strong partnerships with Harvard University’s School of Public Health, US Holocaust Memorial Museum and many other distinguished local and national educational and cultural organizations.
- Developed theme-based, Java-heavy interactive activities for classroom and home.
- Developed technology resources, cross-curricular projects and the Technology Corner.
- Managed threaded discussion.
- Spearheaded publisher’s entry into dual-literacy with Heath’s K-6 bilingual reading program.
- Oversaw all aspects of content, design and production for Bibliotecas (Libraries) and three teachers’ guides.
- Developed prototype, writers’ guidelines and outlines, and edited content.
- Researched and selected 144 titles for bibliotecas from 40 international publishers, fomenting relationships with leading publishing houses throughout Latin America, Spain, and the US.
- Core, in-house developmental editor for DC Heath Reading Department.
- Managed all aspects of Grade 4 Images Theme Books for Heath Literacy.
- Collaborated with program authors to prototype ESL program.
- Grade 6 ESL program editor.
- Core editor for Houghton Mifflin’s Celebremos la literatura reading program